<-->

5/24/09

Tea-licious Café - Springfield, Illinois


I had expected to do a review of either Augie’s Front Burner or Saputo’s for our Star Status Dining Establishment from our Springfield trip. We did indeed visit both of those locations but the food, while good, fell a bit short of what we found on Day 2 lunch. It was then that we fell upon a pleasant surprise by the name of Tea-licious Café. The décor was decidedly quirky and quaint but the food was beyond great.


While Sheb enjoyed her Turkey Bacon Ranch Wrap served with a simple greens salad with a blue cheese dressing I was much more interested in my choice; the Warm Ham and Swiss and Spinach Salad with a sweet and savory Bacon Dressing. The meal was awesome, the staff was beyond helpful and courteous and the dessert tray beckoned to me. (I managed to ‘just say no’ but it wasn’t easy.

If there is a criticism of the café it would be that, despite my prodding and begging, the chef would not share her recipe for that dressing. In any event this is a keeper and Chez recommends this one if you are in Springfield.




- Chez